Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Braces

I did not find braces to be as scary as I thought they would be. I think that it was a good experience. The thing that I think that I would do differently next time would be to use my explorer to get off as much creamy calculus as possible before using the ultra sonics to avoid disturbing any decalcified areas. This patient had a lot of areas that were decalcified once they were uncovered and I was afraid of disturbing them. This patient has mental and physical delays and lacks good coordination. It was a very interesting and valuable experience in being more aware of what to look for and cautions to watch for.

1 comment:

The Pyper's! said...

Wow that is an experience. Good job! Now you know how cleaning braces is.... :) I still remember when I probed you for the first time I was so lost!! ha ha

Have a great spring Break!