Thursday, September 25, 2008

hard clinic

Today I did find my mock board patient which was the high light and his x-rays have already been taken! This was the hardest experience I have ever had. I found out the difference in the use of the different ultra sonic tips. This patient is a 2/3 class and the calculus on his teeth is like granite. I was near tears trying to get it off. My instructor was the one that pointed out that the stronger ultrasonic tip would be the best bet for him. She stated that it will make the world of difference in the calculus removal.

My second patient had tenacious calculus on the mandibular anteriors so I used what I learned this morning on her with the ultrasonics. Things went much better but I am interested to use the orange ultrasonic before mock boards to try to get a feel for its us! I hate it when learning comes with such an emotional scale.

No comments: