Thursday, September 11, 2008

2nd clinic

Today I saw my husband and with all his sensitivities and his connective tissue condition I was a bit concerned that I would not meet his needs in being gentle enough that he would not feel everything that I needed to do. Today he ended up with it being an extra sensitive day as far as discomfort is concerned. He felt every probe stroke. The ultrasonic was too intense for him; and scaling was just about more than he could handle. I was greatful that he had an improvement in his oral tissues from last time so there was not a lot of work that needed to be done on him. I am greatful to the instructors that will take the time to help me with my instrumentation angles. I am finding that it is a little easier to work on the patient with the additional information. Thanks. I was glad that my afternoon patient who I finished up with 2 quads of a 2 and 1 quad of a 3, went really well. I was able to finish him all today, furcations and all, and even a little ahead of schedual. What a change from last semester where I was practically the one to lock the doors up at night when I left clinic.

No comments: